"I think it's great," said a somber Andy Roddick. "This rivalry has shaped into a real fun matchup for the fans, and it's always a challenge for us too. I would love to have faced him in the final, because frankly, I don't get to many grand slam finals these days, but it's nice to be in the quarters."
When reminded that he is 1-13 lifetime against Federer, Roddick shook his head and laughed, replying, "Hey, you can't win 'em all, can you? I would say that makes me due for a win, wouldn't you?"
"Look, I'm really excited about it. Well, and nervous. I'm excited and nervous, all at the same time. Excited because I got this far in a major tournament again, nervous that it will end here. The way things have been going for me, though, maybe Roger will break his leg or rupture an achilles tendon before tomorrow night's match, you never know. I think that would guarantee me a spot in the semis, don't you?"
"Ya," said Roger Federer, "Maybe Andy...but I wouldn't count on it."
No comments:
Post a Comment